The Milton Keynes Green Party Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm Alex

Go down

Hi, I'm Alex Empty Hi, I'm Alex

Post by Alex Price Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Alex, and have been a Green member since 2012.

I got my bachelors in Biomedicine from UEA in 2013, then worked in an industrial research lab (not as evil or exciting as it sounds). I then spent two years in Scandinavia studying for my masters in Microbiology at Stockholm and Bergen Universities, where tuition is still free! Now I'm a PhD student at the OU research campus in MK, working out what we should be looking for in life detection missions to Mars. I want to use my scientific background to help shape Green policy to ensure it bases itself on evidence above opinion.

Although a member since 2012, I only got active in the second half of 2013, setting up the first social media presence for Newcastle upon Tyne Greens. I then got involved with MK Greens on my return to the UK and now run the FB and Twitter accounts, as well as taking part in the national "30 under 30" training programme for 2017. I hope to see you at one of our meetings or social events!
Alex Price
Alex Price
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum