The Milton Keynes Green Party Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EU Referendum

4 posters

Go down

The EU Referendum Empty The EU Referendum

Post by Keri Edmonds Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:31 pm

Well, the results are in and the UK has voted, by a slim majority, to leave the EU.

I felt very sad when the result first came in. I understand why some people honestly thought it was the right choice, but at the same time I feel that we're going to be losing our place in an international community. I really hope that the Remain camp will be proved wrong about a lot of our predictions for the future, because things look quite grim if not!

What are your thoughts? How did you vote, and how do you feel about the result?
Keri Edmonds
Keri Edmonds
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum Empty Re: The EU Referendum

Post by Anthony Hart-Jones Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:32 pm

I really wish that we had voted to stay and it has been the source of a few disagreements at work, generally between the older staff who thought we should leave and the younger staff who thought staying was a better idea. We've seen the immediate effects of the referendum and the resulting political fallout, which has not been pretty.

The interesting thing I have noticed is that many of those people who told me it was for the best (or, in one awkward case, implied that I was too young to really know what I was voting for) have expressed their doubts now. There is a definite sense of regret among those people who seemed so sure of themselves this time last week.

Anthony Hart-Jones
Anthony Hart-Jones
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by John Berry Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:14 pm

I agree with both of you we felt devistated and are scare of the future for us as well as our children!! Rest assured I am just in that older generation and I voted remain. Also now the mess the country seems in, yes it will sort itself out but what damage are they doing to the country let alone their parties!!
John Berry
John Berry
Verified Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JenniferMarklew Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:20 am

I am trying to see this as a really positive thing- opening up opportunities in our country for people to come together and work in a way we haven't before.

The remain parties- the Greens, the Lib Dems and Labour- all have something that unites us now and there seems to be a real taste for electoral reform and coming together to represent the left, equality and our society more widely. I hope too that the environment and climate change will also be given a louder voice.

I will be campaigning hard for PR now- I think it's essential.

As for what Britain leaving the EU will look like- Caroline sent a really good e-mail yesterday with 6 action points. Has anyone seen it?
JenniferMarklew
JenniferMarklew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum